The pubmed studies cited in my last post on environmental illness or syndrome suggests addressing peroxynitrite as a course of action. This post drill into a single aspect this area. We do not have studies indicating if it is effective.
- “Peroxynitrite (sometimes called peroxonitrite) is an ion with the formula ONOO−. It is an unstable structural isomer of nitrate, NO−3. Although its conjugate acid is highly reactive, peroxynitrite is stable in basic solutions. It is prepared by the reaction of hydrogen peroxide with nitrite:” Wikipedia
- “The potency of scavenging activity was in the following order:
- Apis cerana Fabricius (Propolis) >
- Rosmarinus officinalis L (Rosemary) >
- Pseudolarix amabilis (Nelson) Rehd. (Pine Bark PE) >
- Echinacea Moenck. (Echinacea);
- the remaining twenty-eight herbs performed unsatisfactorily for their scavenging activity.” 
- “The potency of scavenging activity following the addition of authentic ONOO(-) was in the following order:
- witch hazel bark > … Hamamelitannin, the major active component of witch hazel bark, was shown to have a strong ability to scavenge ONOO(-).
- rosemary >
- jasmine tea >
- sage >
- slippery elm >
- black walnut leaf >
- Queen Anne’s lace >Z
- Linden flower. 
- “In the ONOO(-) assay, H. baylahuen and Buddleia globosa showed the highest activities.” 
- ALA – “Superoxide production and peroxynitrite (ONOO-) formation were reduced with alpha-linolenic acid supplement” 
- Grape Seed Extract – “grape seed extract counteracted the inhibitory effect of peroxynitrite on human plasma clotting” 
- NOT: Coenzyme Q(10), vitamin E, selenium, and methionine “confirmed increased antiviral cytokine and peroxynitrite plasma levels.”
- “creatine displayed a significant ability to remove ABTS+, O(*-)(2), and OONO- when compared with controls.”  creatine is low in CFS.
VSL#3 has been studied  with undesired results, “increased expression of NADPH oxidase subunits, angiotensin converting enzyme, AT1 receptors and angiotensin II, and formation of ROS and peroxynitrite were observed.”
Lactobacillus fermentum ME-3 (DSM14241, LfME-3) reports a reduction . This is available on Amazon. This probiotic produces Glutathione and is human sourced. I will be doing a post on it in a few days.