In dealing with ME/CFS I came across a group of supplements/drugs that I continue to use. The main reasons are:
- They are biofilm breakers, thus weaken the defenses of some bacteria
- Blood thinners of diverse mechanisms – I deal with a Prothrombin 20210 A/G defect (85+% of ME/CFS patients are believed to have coagulation defects – often due to epigenetics)
- They make antibiotics more effective because a much (up to 10x ) higher amount of the antibiotics makes it into tissue.
- Last, it reduces my risk of blood clots; remove much of blood vessel fibrin deposits that reduce the amount of oxygen you receive.
This is a short summary of my main ones with their literature.
This in an enzyme derived from silk worms. It is produced for the silkworm to escape it cocoon. It is effective against some types of coagulation.
- break down atherosclerotic plaques [src]
- improves carpal tunnel syndrome (decreased pain) 
- effective with inflammatory venous diseases (thrombophlebitis) 
- effective as a booster for antibiotics, overcoming drug resistance (like bromelain) 
- concentration of antibiotic in tissue increased by :
- ciclacillin – 8.5 fold (850%)
- ampicillin – 5.7 fold (570%)
- cephalexin – 3 to 5 fold (300-500%)
- minocycline – 2.2 fold (220%)
- “anti-inflammatory, anti-oedemic and fibrinolytic activity and acts rapidly on localized inflammation” 
- ” Using biofilm busters, such as stevia and serratiopeptidase, could lead to bacterial blood release, ” 
- Serratiopeptidase reduces the invasion of osteoblasts by Staphylococcus aureus. 
- Serrapeptase and nattokinase intervention for relieving Alzheimer’s disease pathophysiology in rat model. 
- Combination therapy including serratiopeptidase improves outcomes of mechanical-antibiotic treatment of periimplantitis. 
This is an enzyme that exhibits strong fibrinolytic activity. Natto is a kind of fermented soy bean-cheese used in Japan. This characteristic is not from the soy but the fermentation (produced from Bacillus subtilis Natto).
- appear to reduce lipid peroxidation and improve lipid metabolism. 
- enhancement of the fibrinolytic activity, increase production of tissue plasminogen activator. 
- “inactivates plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 and then potentiates fibrinolytic activity” 
- having four times greater fibrinolytic activity than plasmin. 
- help to prevent arteriosclerosis, as they appear to reduce lipid peroxidation and improve lipid metabolism 
- Increased activated factor VII levels
- Nattokinase Crude Extract Inhibits Hepatocellular Carcinoma Growth in Mice. 
- Acute toxicity and genotoxicity evaluations of Nattokinase, a promising agent for cardiovascular diseases prevention. 
- Attenuation of neurobehavioral and neurochemical abnormalities in animal model of cognitive deficits of Alzheimer’s disease by fermented soybean nanonutraceutical. 
- Nattokinase: An Oral Antithrombotic Agent for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. 
- Consumption of nattokinase is associated with reduced blood pressure and von Willebrand factor, a cardiovascular risk marker: results from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter North American clinical trial. 
- A single-dose of oral nattokinase potentiates thrombolysis and anti-coagulation profiles. 
- Mechanisms of Nattokinase in protection of cerebral ischemia. 
- Nattokinase improves blood flow by inhibiting platelet aggregation and thrombus formation. 
This is strong fibrinolytic enzyme was readily obtained in saline extracts of the earthworm.
- digested fibrinogen and inhibited platelet adhesion 
- fibrinogen decreased significantly. Inhibition of intrinsic coagulation pathway and the activation of fibrinolysis via an increase of t-PA activity. 
This is an extract from pineapple stem.
- Increased penetration of antibiotics    
- Benefits of a Food Supplement Containing Boswellia serrata and Bromelain for Improving the Quality of Life in Patients with Osteoarthritis: A Pilot Study. 
- The potential use of bromelain as a natural oral medicine having anticarcinogenic activities. 
- Antibacterial activity of papain and bromelain on Alicyclobacillus spp. 
- Bromelain has paradoxical effects on blood coagulability: a study using thromboelastography. 
- Fibrinolytic and antithrombotic action of bromelain may eliminate thrombosis in heart patients. 
- Bromelain Degrades Aβ1-42 Monomers and Soluble Aggregates: An In Vitro Study in Cerebrospinal Fluid of Alzheimer‘s Disease Patients. 
These should not be taken continuously.
Warning 1:Most are anticoagulants which means that the risk of easy bruising and failure of the blood to clot is high.
Warning 2: With antibiotics, they can change a minor herx into needing to crawl on the floor herx. With 10x the concentration, you are effectively increasing the antibiotic dosage 10x!
Appropriate dosage and duration should be done in consultation with your medical professional.