Frankincense is also known as Boswellia. Gum-resin extracts of Boswellia have been traditionally used in folk medicine for centuries to treat various chronic inflammatory diseases. It has been found to have anti-bacterial, anti-arthritic,anti-edemateous, anti-oxidant, anti-platelet and anti-coagulant (equivalent to heparin). Positive effects of Boswellia in some chronic inflammatory diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial asthma, osteoarthritis, ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease have been reported.
It impacts many forms of thick blood and has been referred to as the poor man’s heparin. Impact includes:
- Decreases clotting factors Xa and Xia
- Decreases ADP induced platelet aggregation
- Increase coagulation time
- Increases prothrombin time
- Increases activated partial thromboplastin time
In terms of inflammation, it reduces many cytokines, including: TNF-alpha, IL-1, IL-2, IL-4, IL-6 and IFN-gamma. It also reduces the classic inflammation measure, C-reactive protein.
It is also an anti-bacterial, Anti-viral (especially EBV which is often re-activated in CFS).
Lastly, it is an established neuroprotective.
- US Orders:[400 mg @ 100 capsules $7 ]
- UK Orders:[400 mg @ 100 capsules £7 ]