Before I could get Nattokinase as capsule, I was getting it from a Japanese desert food called “Natto” that was available at our local market (which happened to be owned by a Japanese family that has been in the US since 1900).
It’s main characteristics are:
- Cleaves cross-linked fibrin
- Decreases red blood cell aggregation and shear-viscosity of blood cells
- Inactivates plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 and then potentiates fibrinolytic activity
- Increases activated factor VII levels
- Maximum dosage: 4000 Fibrin Units (any more on a continouse basis may result in bruising or bleeding risk)
As always, consult with your knowledgeable medical professional before adding any new supplement.