This post is to present a reference post to suggest what should be read, especially, for the brain fog. The following four links (3 to Health Rising) should explain the model and experience that I had:
- CHANGING YOUR GUT FLORA PT I: FOOD TO FEED THE GOOD BACTERIA IN CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME
- KEN LASSESEN ON CHANGING THE GUT ECOSYSTEM WITH PROBIOTICS
- CHANGE AGENTS: KEN LASSESEN ON PRESCRIPTION AND HERBAL ANTIBIOTICS TO ALTER THE GUT FLORA IN CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME
- My Story
The next item is a starting point post, that suggests a starting point.
The first thing to realize is that Lactobacillus Acidophilus is NOT a friend to CFS patients. You want to avoid it whenever possible. Heresy – no argument from me. L.A. works well for healthy individuals. For CFSers it makes a bad situation worst.
The following probiotics are very likely to have positive effects (especially if you have IBS concurrent with CFS):
- Most Colon Care Probiotics that contain Bifidobacterium ONLY – no L.A. For example. You may need to try several different brands to find one that works for you.
- Ultimate Flora RTS – Colon Care Probiotic,
- RiteAid’s Colon Care (has LA but some have reported benefits),
- Phillips Colon Care.
- Bifidobacterium infantis 35624 – a demonstrated probiotic (Align)
- Propionibacterium freudenreichii – Another Probiotic of Interest
- Lactobacillus Reteuri: Only three known sources:
- BioGaia products
- Blackmore (which appears to be BiolGaia under license)
- Prescript-Assist Broad Spectrum Probiotic Prebiotic Complex
- #1 Choice: Mutaflor (Escherichia Coli Nissle 1917) — Used in Europe for CFS
In addition to the above, Dental Oral Probiotics are recommended (again, avoid any with L.A.)
This will give you a starting point on the journey…