A reader continues going thru traditional folk medicine looking for items off the beaten path that may be of interest and sending candidates to me.
The latest request for me to research is a gem. Mast cell inhibitor, anti-allergy, reduces gut inflammation, likely help with SIBO, etc
- Health effects of omega-3,6,9 fatty acids: Perilla frutescens is a good example of plant oils. 
- ” Rosmarinic acid (RA) is a natural polyphenol present in several Lamiaceae herbs like Perilla frutescens, and RA is becoming an integral component of animal nutrition as it counters the effect of reactive oxygen species induced in the body as a consequence of different kinds of stressors. Studies have further ascertained the capability of RA to work as an anti-microbial, immunomodulatory, anti-diabetic, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, hepato- and renal-protectant agent, as well as to have beneficial effects during skin afflictions. ” 
- Rosmarinic Acid Potentiates Pentobarbital-Induced Sleep Behaviors and Non-Rapid Eye Movement (NREM) Sleep through the Activation of GABAA-ergic Systems.  – better sleep
- Inhibitory effect of mast cell-mediated immediate-type allergic reactions in rats by Perilla frutescens.
- “It was found that more than 100 compounds have been reported for P. frutescens and most of them are contributed to its medical benefits such as anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anticancer, anti-microbial, anti-depressive and anti-cough effects.” 
- Intestinal Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Perillaldehyde. 
- Rosmarinic acid suppresses colonic inflammation in dextran sulphate sodium (DSS)-induced mice via dual inhibition of NF-κB and STAT3 activation. 
- A flavanone derivative from the Asian medicinal herb (Perilla frutescens) potently suppresses IgE-mediated immediate hypersensitivity reactions. 
- ” These results suggest that habitual drinking of shiso tea is effective in preventing the onset of diabetes. ” 
- Neuroprotective Effect of Perilla Extracts on PC12 Cells. 
- Alpha-Linolenic Acid from Perilla frutescens var. japonica Oil Protects Aβ-Induced Cognitive Impairment through Regulation of APP Processing and Aβ Degradation. 
- The Neuro-Protective Effect of the Methanolic Extract of Perilla frutescens var. japonicaand Rosmarinic Acid against H₂O₂-Induced Oxidative Stress in C6 Glial Cells. 
- Perilla frutescens Extract Ameliorates Acetylcholinesterase and Trimethyltin Chloride-Induced Neurotoxicity. 
- Antidepressant-like effect of essential oil of Perilla frutescens in a chronic, unpredictable, mild stress-induced depression model mice. 
- Antidepressant-like effects of Perilla frutescens seed oil during a forced swimming test. 
- Antidepressant-like effects of apigenin and 2,4,5-trimethoxycinnamic acid from Perilla frutescens in the forced swimming test.
- Improved spatial learning and memory by perilla diet is correlated with immunoreactivities to neurofilament and α-synuclein in hilus of dentate gyrus. 
- Anti-Amyloidogenic Effects of Asarone Derivatives From Perilla frutescens Leaves against Beta-Amyloid Aggregation and Nitric Oxide Production.  ” these results suggest that asarone derivatives derived from P. frutescens are neuroprotective and have the prophylactic and therapeutic potential in Alzheimer’s Disease“.
- Drying the leaves of Perilla frutescens increases their content of anticancer nutraceuticals.  ” Quantitative analysis of the concentrations of perillaldehyde, rosmarinic acid, apigenin, luteolin, 4-hydroxyphenyllactic acid, and 4-coumaric acid, some of which are known as nutraceuticals, revealed that the effect of drying significantly increased apigenin (28-fold) and luteolin (86-fold), but decreased rosmarinic acid in all leaf stages.”
- Antiobesity Effects of Purple Perilla (Perilla frutescens var. acuta) on Adipocyte Differentiation and Mice Fed a High-fat Diet. 
- Anti-hyperglycemic effects and signaling mechanism of Perilla frutescens sprout extract. 
- Bacterial Quorum Sensing Inhibition Activity of the Traditional Chinese Herbs, Ficus carica L. and Perilla frutescens. 
- Rosmarinic acid down-regulates endothelial protein C receptor shedding in vitro and in vivo. 
- Oxalate content in common Japanese foods.  – It is high
- Antioxidant activities of polyphenols extracted from Perilla frutescens varieties. 
- Medicinal herbs as a potential strategy to decrease methane production by rumen microbiota: a systematic evaluation with a focus on Perilla frutescens seed extract.
- ” The decreased CH4 production induced by the P. frutescens seed extract was accompanied by an increased abundance of Ruminobacter, Selenomonas, Succinivibrio, Shuttleworthis, Pseudobutyrivbrio, Anaerovibrio, and Roseomonas and a decreased abundance of Methanobrevibacter millerae. “
- Perilla oil regulates intestinal microbiota and alleviates insulin resistance through the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway in type-2 diabetic KKAy mice. 
- “Additionally, PerO treatment distinctly decreased the abundance of Aerococcus (& Streptococcus ) and facilitated the richness of Alloprevotella (& Akkermansia ) in the intestine, as well as accelerated the restoration of the gut microflora diversity. ”
- Optimization of antibacterial activity of Perilla frutescens var. acuta leaf against Pseudomonas aeruginosa using the evolutionary operation-factorial design technique. 
- Antimicrobial activity of perilla seed polyphenols against oral pathogenic bacteria.  Porphyromonas gingivalis
For additional information, see https://content.selfdecode.com/perilla-oil/
Needless to say, it will be added to the database at http://microbiomeprescription.azurewebsites.net/ and increased the number of direct citations.