A reader wrote:
“Another thing I take to eliminate brain fog is Bacopa Monnieri. It’s sometimes called Brahmi too but Brahmi can also be another thing in Indian medicine (I think?). I don’t claim to be an expert on Ayuveda but all I know is there are several brands that call it each name and all of them work for me. Its effect is almost as strong as modafinil. However, it’s definitely using some other pathway because it’s subjectively different and it also stacks with other stimulants. Caffiene and modafinil both pair well with it and magnify the effects.
- Microbial modulation of bacoside A biosynthetic pathway and systemic defense mechanism in Bacopa monnieri under Meloidogyne incognita stress.
- Effect of Bacoside A on growth and biofilm formation by Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa . “At a subminimum inhibitory concentration of 200 μg·mL-1, Bacoside A significantly removed ∼88%-93% of bacterial biofilm developed on microtiter plates”
- The Ayurvedic plant Bacopa monnieri inhibits inflammatory pathways in the brain .
- Bacopa monnieri extract increases rat coronary flow and protects against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury .
- Neuroprotective, Neurotrophic and Anti-oxidative Role of Bacopa monnieri on CUS Induced Model of Depression in Rat.
- Efficacy of Standardized Extract of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) on Cognitive Functions of Medical Students: A Six-Week, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial . “Statistically significant improvement was seen in the tests relating to the cognitive functions with use of Bacopa monnieri. Blood biochemistry also showed a significant increase in serum calcium levels (still within normal range).”
- Cognitive training and Bacopa monnieri: Evidence for a combined intervention to alleviate age associated cognitive decline.
- The Ayurvedic plant Bacopa monnieri inhibits inflammatory pathways in the brain.
There was been human studies and the reader report of dramatic improvement is very viable! Brain inflammation is common with CFS (typically seen in 75% of SPECT scans of CFS patients) and that this is effective in reaching the brain. A definite recommendation for anyone with brain fog.