This is a theoretical post. Working from high bacteria and low bacteria cited in this earlier post, I went to DataPunk.Net and extracted information about each genus.
struck thru items that appear on both sides. We do not know if these items will help or make things worst…. i.e. these are should avoid for safety items.
The Increase or Decrease are what you in theory would reduce high bacteria and enhance low bacteria. In some cases, the same item will decrease the high bacteria and increase the low bacteria; in general, we have limited knowledge from published articles.
|High Bacteria||Low Bacteria|
Decrease Intake of
Increase Intake of
Some of the increased items above appears to be backed by the literature:
- Saccharomyces boulardii: potential adjunctive treatment for children with autism and diarrhea. 
An open-label pilot study of a formulation containing the anti-inflammatory flavonoid luteolin and its effects on behavior in children with autism spectrum disorders. 
- ” the combination of the flavonoids luteolin and quercetin seemed to be effective in reducing ASD symptoms, with no major adverse effects.
- Melatonin as a Novel Interventional Candidate for Fragile X Syndrome with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Humans.
Brief Report: Metformin for Antipsychotic-Induced Weight Gain in Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder .
- “Results indicate that treatment with metformin stabilized BMI z-score over a nearly 2 year mean treatment period. “
- Amelioration of behavioral aberrations and oxidative markers by green tea extract in valproate induced autism in animals .
This is the third time that we observed: microbiome shift seen in an autoimmune condition–> what corrects the shift –> studies confirm the suggestions improves the condition.
As always consult with your medical professional before changing diet or supplements. The above considers the condition is isolation of other conditions that may be a factor.