I am reworking Quantiles in two different ways:
- Computing the 4-,8-16- Quantiles
- Computing these by Measurement Site
The reasons are simple:
- Site like mouth was been implicated in certain conditions (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,
- Data Size is sufficient that using the large quantiles should produce more meaningful results.
- 8 – quantile High Outliers are likely <3%ile chance (most medical tests use 5%ile for high threshold
- 16 – quantile takes it higher but with some caution being needed
For symptom analysis to microbiome, there is some extra magic needed (i.e. I must test with, 4-, 8- and 16- with too few samples forcing the lower quantiles.
That’s it. Been grinding away this weekend and about to do a 2nd revision of the code refactor.