There are several food items that are documented to improve microfloras. I usually get my supplies from the local Haggen’s, Co-op and Trader Joe’s shops. The items are:
- 85% Chocolate Bars:100 gm (3.5 oz) per day. It has been demonstrated to change microfloras after 2 weeks of continuous use
- Goat Milk Cheese: Very high in a special sugar, Neu5Gc, that helps E.Coli levels become normal. True milk cheese in general help the appropriate shifts.
- Trader Joe’s Goat Milk Brie is excellent because it does not have a goat-taste and is very reasonably priced.
- 100% Rye Bread: This is an excellent FOS source, a PubMed study found that it encourages a wider variety of microfloras then the FOS capsules. This is NOT the soft American-Style Rye — it is a dense heavy rye familiar to many Germans, Poles, and Scandinavians. Note: that the loafs are vacuum packed, have a LONG shelf life(3-6 months) and often baked with Organic, non-GMO ingrediants. They are also available on Amazon as Subscribe and Save [thus free shipping if you do not have Amazon Prime].
- US Orders:
- Blue Cheese: This is a double bonus because typically it is made from raw milk and uses penicillium roqueforti. This species inhibits leukemia and reduces pro-inflammatory markers and cytokines.
- Trader Joe’s has an excellent crumbled blue cheese that is also very reasonably priced.
- I have noticed that if 1-2 oz of this cheese is taken just before bed time that my sleep quality improves (better than the usual sleep supplements)