I have been seeing some friends improve significantly from lowering histamine levels.
The question arises, which probiotics/bacteria increase or lower histamine levels?
Histamine release are part of the herx effect and thus reducing the level may reduce the severity of herx.
This list may be important for those that are probiotic sensitive and/or salicylates sensitive — the reason for these sensitivity could be the histamine dimension (speculation). There are some DNA association reported between salicylates and histamines sensitivities.
In some cases, it appears that one strain increases histamines and a different strain decreases histamine (i.e. Lactobacillus casei)
- No Impact
- Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron 
- Bacteroides fragilis 
- Bifidobacterium adolescentis 
- Escherichia coli 
- Bifidobacterium infantis 
- Bifidobacterium longum 
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (L. rhamnosus) GG (LGG(®) 
- L. rhamnosus Lc705 (Lc705) 
- Propionibacterium freudenreichii ssp. shermanii JS (PJS) 
- Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis Bb12 (Bb12) 
- Lactobacillus casei 
- Lactobacillus plantarum K-1