I’m on PTO and decided to finish a number of partially done posts.
- “Oral glutamine supplements, in the dose administered, do not seem to restore impaired permeability in patients with Crohn’s disease.”
- “Intestinal permeability and morphology improved significantly in both glutamine and ACG(Whey)”
- ” In the colon, however, which does not use glutamine as its principal energy source, immune enhancement of inflammatory cells by glutamine increases oxidative tissue injury.”
- “Oral supplementation with l-glutamine, for a short time, altered the composition of the gut microbiota in overweight and obese humans reducing the Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes ratio, which resembled weight loss programs already seen in the literature.” 
- Glutamine and whey protein improve intestinal permeability and morphology in patients with Crohn‘s disease: a randomized controlled trial. 
- Combined glutamine and arginine decrease proinflammatory cytokine production by biopsies fromCrohn‘s patients in association with changes in nuclear factor-kappaB and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways.
- Low intestinal glutamine level and low glutaminase activity in Crohn‘s disease: a rational forglutamine supplementation? 
It appears the whey(high in Glutamine) and not just Glutamine is the approach to use.