My usual practice is to answer questions by a post — that way people can comment (and disagree) . Also, others may have the same questions and do not have the energy to write.
- Many probiotics produce natural antibiotics, so some killing of bacteria happens. The key issue is to prevent antibiotic resistance — antibiotic resistance to the natural antibiotics produced by the probiotics. Hence the need to constantly rotate the probiotics.
- Since you have found that certain herbs suppress recurring infections you should try to identify which herbs do it. If you get a short list then of herbs then you (or me) may be able to identify which family of bacteria is involved and look for additional herbs effective against this family. Again the recurring issue is the bacteria developing resistance to how each herbs kills. With this list, you should rotate them every 7-14 days so when the bacteria adapts to one, the next one is effective against the adaptation.
- If you do not herx severely, go for a high dosage for a short period. The key logic is to kill off more before resistance develops. Do not take the same probiotic or herb continuously – it just encourages resistance.
- Yes, but time-box how long you take each one. When you rotate back to it, start with a higher dosage.
- Most studies use water extract, or alcohol extract or some other way of extracting the active ingredients. The current cost of getting these extracts commercially is high and beyond the budget of most CFS patients. I have (without evidence) opted to suggest taking the raw herb in capsules. If you do the herb is tea, then you are actually doing a water extract! Perfectly fine.
Example extract: Neemaura Naturals Neem Extract Triple Potency (1 To 5) 1 Ounce $12
“Alcohol, vegetable glycerin, water, dry herb to menstruum ratio 1:5 35% grain alcohol usp 35% vegetable glycerin, 30% water.” – so it is just dried herb in alcohol! Buy a bottle of Vodka and mix yourself!
- Skin grade:
- Bulk Powder: 1 lb – $15.00 or $12
- If someone over-reacts to capsules, then I suggest they move to tea instead (or both) you do not need to buy tea bags — you can also go old school Tea Infuser. Make sure that your mesh size works with the bulk neem.
- Since you do not have the energy to make capsules — consider the tea route.