I reader asked me about Lactipro. This is an unusual probiotic for cattle, hence the title! Because it has not been tested on humans, I cannot advocate its use. I can research it potential impact if it is approved for human use somewhere in the world at some future time. I know of CFS patients who have order doxycycline from Vet Supply stores online because of frustration trying to get it prescribed, so I suspect some ‘dark-cure web‘ types will try it. So for their sake, I am doing this review.
From the manufacture web site, we read
Read about the effect of common antimicrobial agents on the growth and metabolism of Megasphaera elsdenii NCIMB 41125, a lactate utilising probiotic for ruminants.
Capability of Megasphaera elsdenii strain NCIMB 41125 and other probiotics to prevent accumulation of lactic acid in a rumen model.”
Since d-lactic acidosis is strongly associated with CFS, a probiotic that reduces lactic acid is ideal with my model.
From wikipedia we see that it is a Firmicutes, and CFS microbiome usually are high in firmicutes which means some caution and this may be a choice of the lesser of two evils.
There are some 240+ PubMed citations (most dealing with cattle)
- Human study found that they are found after bariatic surgery on obese human — so it is found in humans 
[Megasphaera elsdenii–occurrence in 2,255 fecal samples of humans, chimpanzees and mice]. 
- “M. elsdenii has not been isolated from fecal samples of healthy people but in 12% from those of adults and 7.4% from children, both suffering from gastrointestinal disorders. “
- Megasphaera indica sp. nov., an obligate anaerobic bacteria isolated from human faeces . “99.2% 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity, respectively, with Megasphaera elsdenii”
Comparative genome analysis of Megasphaera sp. reveals niche specialization and its potential role in the human gut .
- “In silico analysis of metabolic potential predicted the ability of these isolates to produce important metabolites like short chain fatty acids (butyrate, acetate, formate, and caproate), vitamins and essential amino acids, which was further validated by in vitro experiments.”
- “[Pig] Diets including chicory roots .. were correlated with a higher colonic abundance of Megasphaera elsdenii. ” 
- ” the presence of … Megasphaera elsdenii… were independently associated with bacterial vaginosis as was the absence of Lactobacillus and Peptoniphilus [in human females]. ” 
- Oral administration of Lactobacillus plantarum Lq80 and Megasphaera elsdenii iNP-001 induces efficient recovery from mucosal atrophy in the small and the large intestines of weaning piglets.
Inhibition of the autoxidation of ascorbate and norepinephrine by extracts of Clostridium butyricum, Megasphaera elsdenii and Escherichia coli.
- M. Elsdenii was less effective than E.Coli
Don’t try it! It is only found in humans suffering from gastrointestinal disorders. With my model CFS is a gastrointestinal disorder that may not manifest itself with gastrointestinal symptoms.
Further more, it pushes you further in the wrong direction.