uBiome from a Hep Triggered CFS patient

Another uBiome result, as with other patients, low or no bifidobacterium and lactobacillus. Similar to most other patients, biodiversity was very high, 97%ile, with the usual many families at a very low (0.01 or 0.02) (trace) level compared to controls with the same families.


Again, many rare ones show up


Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes ratio was low 1.1: 1 instead of the normal 2.1:1. (about 1/3 have low ratios so far, and 2/3 have high ratios).

  • Akkermansia level is high (6.83) -seen in about 25% of the uBiome, the other 75% are low.
    • This subset of high patients also tend to be high in:
      • Alistipes, Bilophila, Intestinibacter,  Oscillospira, Intestinimonas,  Butyricimonas
      • This hints that 7 genus may be mutually beneficial to each other.

Notes on person: hepatitis triggered CFS over 20 years ago. Currently not doing any protocol.

The Low Amount of Abundance Bacteria Genus

I have been recording the relative percentage (compare to controls) of different uBiome that I have reviewed. I took the numbers at the Genus (lowest) level, counted and plotted them.


The expectation for a normal group of patients would be a bell/Normal-curve with the top of the bell being at 100. With CFS patients we find a large number of genus with a very low level compare to control.  In other words we have high biodiversity but it is very fragmented and made up of nominal populations. If the tests being applied to the microbiome was less sensitive than uBiomes, then a result of low biodiversity could be reported on the same sample because all of the trace, 10%, 20% may not be recorded.

Bottom Line

My best suggestion (especially since information on reducing Alistipes, Bilophila, Intestinibacter,  Oscillospira, Intestinimonas,  Butyricimonas is almost non-existent) is to discuss with their medical professionals the items on my “Cookbook Summary for the Brain Fogged“. The items are linked (eventually) back to the PubMed studies that provided dosage information.