For updated information see Microbiome Prescription
There are 3000+ studies on PubMed.
- Desulfovibrio species are potentially important in regressive autism .
- “Our results also showed a trend in the incidence of elevated Desulfovibrio spp. in children with autism reaffirmed by a very strong association of the amount of Desulfovibrio spp. with the severity of autism in the Autism Diagnostic Interview ” 
Molecular characterisation of the gut microflora of healthy and inflammatory bowel disease cats using fluorescence in situ hybridisation with special reference to Desulfovibrio spp.
whereas Desulfovibrio spp. (producers of toxic sulphides) numbers were found to be significantly higher in colitic cats.
- “a high-fat, very low-carbohydrate normocaloric diet …a statistically significant increase in Desulfovibrio spp. (p = 0.025), a bacterial group supposed to be involved in the exacerbation of the inflammatory condition of the gut mucosa associated to the consumption of fats of animal origin.” 
- “the relative abundance of Alistipes, Odoribacter, Ruminococcus, Blautia and Desulfovibrio were higher after Bacillus subtilis, while the potential pathogens such as Staphylococcus and Escherichia-Shigella were lower than those of control.”
- “Lactobacillus plantarum P-8 …other beneficial bacteria, whereas Desulfovibrio (P < 0.05) and other opportunistic pathogens decreased after taking Lp-8 for 4 wk. ”