- Lactobacillus: 0x
- Bifidobacterium: 2.09x – identified by species
- Bifidobacterium adolescentis
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Akkermansia: 0x
- Diversity: 40%ile
- Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes: 2.2:1 (Normal 2.1:1)
This does not feel like a normal CFS microbiome… and a first cousin to C. difficile may be the root cause of symptoms.
|Bacteria name||Rank||% of Samples|
Romboutsia is a new genus to show up.
- Romboutsia: https://cfsremission.wordpress.com/2017/12/09/reducing-romboutsia-genus/
- Erysipelatoclostridium: https://cfsremission.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/decreasing-erysipelatoclostridium-genus/
- Parabacteroides: https://cfsremission.wordpress.com/2017/10/17/decreasing-parabacteroides-genus/
- Pseudobutyrivibrio: https://cfsremission.wordpress.com/2017/10/15/decreasing-pseudobutyrivibrio-genus/
- Dorea : https://cfsremission.wordpress.com/2017/10/18/reducing-dorea-genus/
Bottom Line Suggestions For New Ones
The lists below are done by merging the lists from the deep dives linked above. Some items may encourage one genus and discourage another genus — those are removed (unless it seems that it strongly predominates on one). The impact on Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium and E.Coli are intentionally ignored [See this post for the logic]. This is all based on applying logic to the results of studies — thus theoretical. This is an addition (not a replacement) to this overview post.
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanate antibiotics
- Animal-based diet
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Black Tea
- Canole Oil
- Helminth infections
- Inulin (common in many probiotics)
- Lactobacillus casei
- Lactobacillus paracasei
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Proton-pump inhibitors (PPI)
- Resistant Starch
- Resveratrol (Grapes, wine)
- Saccharomyces boulardii
- Sleepless nights
- Teas *
Items with * are specific to Romboutsia, and should be a high priority.
- Bile salts *
- Capsaicin(chili peppers)
- Cranberry *
- high-fat diet
- Ketogenic diet
- Lactobacillus reuteri
- Metronidazole antibiotics
- Oral Iron Supplements
- Plantain bananas *
- Polymannuronic acid
- Vitamin D3
It is interesting to note all of the items rich in polyphenols are on the avoid list except for cranberries. At the species level we found Bifidobacterium longum which is on the avoid list.
Second, this does not feel like a typicla CFS microbiome. The dominant, unusual genus, Romboutsia, being a first cousin to C. difficile  may be the cause of the CFS-like symptoms.
This is an education post to facilitate discussing this approach with your medical professionals. It is not medical advice for the treatment of any condition. Always consult with your medical professional before doing any changes of diet, supplements or activity. Some items cites may interfere with prescription medicines.