There has been a change of formula for Prescript Assist. This makes the existing documentation on the benefit of Prescript Assist for IBS questionable.
Prior Page with links to studies.
- Over half of the prior species have been removed
- The number of Firmicutes has increased significantly
- If you have a Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes ratio < 1.6:1 on a uBiome test, it may be of benefit
- If you have a Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes ratio > 2.5:1 on a uBiome test, it may make things worse
From original post with documentation links to benefits
Actinobacteria -> Actinobacteria -> Micrococcales
Brevibacteriaceae -> Brevibacterium
- Brevibacterium lipolyticum,
- Brevibacterium stationis,
-> Micrococcaceae -> Arthrobacter
- Arthrobacter agilis (species) ,
- Arthrobacter citreus,
- Arthrobacter globiformis – New
- Arthrobacter luteus,
- Arthrobacter simplex,
> Streptomycetales -> Streptomycetaceae -> Streptomyces
- Streptomyces fradiae,
- Streptomyces celluslosae,
- Streptomyces griseoflavus (species) – New
- Brevibacteriaceae -> Brevibacterium
- -> Gammaproteobacteria -> Pseudomonadales
Alphaproteobacteria -> Rhodospirillales -> Rhodospirillaceae –> Azospirillum
- Azospirillum brasiliense – New
- Azospirillum lipoferum – New
- Firmicutes -> Bacilli -> Bacillales -> Bacillaceae -> Bacillus
- Bacteriodes succinogenes,
- Kurtha zopfil – New
- Clostridiales Family XI Incertae Sedis
- Myrothecium verrucaria,
- Phanerochaete chrysosporium,
Only in New
- Proteobacteria -> Gammaproteobacteria -> Pseudomonadales -> Pseudomonadaceae -> Azotobacter group -> Azotobacter
- -> Bacilli -> Bacillales
Actinobacteria -> Actinobacteria
- > Streptomycetales -> Streptomycetaceae -> Streptomyces
- -> Micrococcales
The current Prescript Assist product cannot be recommended for IBS based on studies.
None of the genus appear to be on the list of known overgrowth seen with CFS (See this post), HOWEVER some of the recommendations from deep-dive cites AVOID Bacillus probiotics. This has multiple families of bacillus probiotics, some of which are known histamine producers.
It is suggested that you know your Firmicutes-to-Bacteroidetes ratio before deciding to take or avoid this new formulation.