A reader wrote: “I did a followup uBiome tests (5 site explorer) to compare to my 2015 gut test (from when my CFS was super bad). Diversity scores on skin and other tests seem very low since I’m on chronic doxycycline and minocycline but I’m feeling great!
“I believe I did mark symptoms on my 2015 gut sample in your system.
The after is basically all of those things being gone and being in a long-term remission.”
The approach this reader tookis the Rickettsia/Jadin approach, covered in this earlier this month post. An approach with > 85% remission rate.
Symptoms that disappeared
- Autonomic Manifestations: light-headedness
- Autonomic Manifestations: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
- Comorbid: Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- General: Fatigue
- Immune Manifestations: general malaise
- Immune Manifestations: new food sensitivities
- Immune Manifestations: recurrent sore throat
- Immune Manifestations: tender lymph nodes
- Neurocognitive: Slowness of thought
- Neuroendocrine Manifestations: abnormal appetite
- Neuroendocrine Manifestations: intolerance of extremes of heat and cold
- Neuroendocrine Manifestations: sweating episodes
- Neuroendocrine Manifestations: Excessive adrenaline
- Neuroendocrine Manifestations: Rapid muscular fatiguability
- Neuroendocrine Manifestations: worsening of symptoms with stress.
- Neurological – Vision: inability to focus eye/vision
- Neurological-Audio: hypersensitivity to noise
- Neurological-Sleep: Chaotic diurnal sleep rhythms (Irratic Sleep)
- Neurological-Sleep: Insomnia
- Neurological-Sleep: Sleep Reversal
- Neurological: Impairment of concentration
- Neurological: emotional overload
- Neurological: Executive Decision Making (Difficulty making)
- Neurological: Short-term memory issues
- Neurological: Slowed speech
- Neurological: Word-finding problems
- Onset: less than 02 years since onset
- Post-exertional malaise: General
- Post-exertional malaise: Inappropriate loss of physical and mental stamina,
- Post-exertional malaise: Rapid cognitive fatigability,
- Post-exertional malaise: Rapid muscular fatigability,
- Sleep: Unrefreshed sleep
End Products Shifts
Scanning through the various comparison for the earlier and later samples, items of note:
- Serotonin production went up almost four fold
- Amount of bile End Product being produced almost doubled
- Biogenic amines doubled
- D-Galactose dropped
- Fucose dropped
- Histamine dropped
- Propionate dropped
- Verrucomicrobia normalized
- Synergistetes normalized
- Proteobacteria normalized
Visuals for each level of the hierarchy are below.
Needless to say, I am happy about reading the changes and the reader willingness to share their results.
On the plus side for this reader:
- Ability to get continuous antibiotics
- First sample was done less than 2 years after onset (dysbiosis was likely not strongly established)
- Verrucomicrobia seems to be a key player for this person (may not apply to others)
On a note: I would be tempted to take breaks between courses of antibiotics, very slowly increasing the length of the break.