This ubiome sample was done a week after my last posting. Some interesting things happened during the week:
- I stopped taking 100-150 BCFU per day (because Lactobacillus et al ) were not at the top of suggestions
- Changed probiotics to Bacillus Coagulans (Digestive Advantages) instead of Bacillus Clausii (Enterogermina)
- Stopped supplementing with Potassium Citrate, Folate and Berbine
- Found myself becoming quickly fatigue physically
- Fatigue accompanied with overheating feeling.
- Stools became very burning with frequency increasing every day
- Tested a vial of Bacillus Clausii and could literally feel things becoming better
- Leg cramps, sore muscles across the body
After getting the sample for ubiome, returned to 100+ BCFU of lactobacillus et al probiotics taken with organic yogurt. Stool burning and frequency declined within 12 hours.
When I re-introduced Potassium Citrate, the leg cramps and sore muscles disappeared. I seem to be resetting to where I was 10 days ago.
I wanted to get the sample to get some insight on what went wrong.
Drill down into specifics
Looking at the raw data for this sample
- Lactobacillus paracasei is at 29/ /1000000
- Lactobacillus casei is at 29/1000000
For prior sample:
- Bifidobacterium animalis 33/1000000
- Bifidobacterium longum 373/1000000
- Lactobacillus curvatus 113/1000000
- Lactobacillus casei 33/1000000
First sample after flare:
- Lactobacillus: 162/1000000 with no species identified
- No Bifidobacterium
Prior to flare
- Lactobacillus: none
- Bifidobacterium 3356/1000000
- Bifidobacterium bifidum 36/1000000
- Bifidobacterium animalis 434/1000000
- Bifidobacterium longum 2885/1000000
It looks like the B.longum and B.animalis were making a comeback after the flare eliminated them with approximately the same ratio. It does hint that
Bifidobacterium animalis and Bifidobacterium longum probiotics are desired to assist.
Change of Suggestions
The new Advance Suggestions makes it easy to compare suggestion between samples. For you current sample, tune the suggestions appropriately. Then just select another sample and see the results. Comparing this (downhill) with the prior sample (uphill), I saw some interesting flips:
- Folate (B9) flipped from avoid to take
- Berbine flipped from avoid to take
- Resveratol (grape seed extract) flipped from avoid to take
This causes me to be careful when something flips from take to avoid when things are improving. The suggestions are just that suggestions (based on a healthy microbiome data). It also indicates that some microbiome populations had significantly altered.
By symptoms, I knew that I had lost ground with the modifications that I made; this appears to be confirmed by the results. I am restoring the above three to my supplements and then waiting a week before doing the next uBiome sample. I have been doing seed probiotics for a week now, and I am curious if this human source probiotics has any persistence.
A new rule is suggested
If things are improving and a new test’s suggestion says stop on what the last test suggestion says take. — Ignore it.