This is an area that people will often block out — they are not willing to give up wifi or cell phones — regardless of health risks. There are people that associate(blame) the use of cell phones on increasing autism, irritable bowel syndrome and many other conditions. It is actually impossible to do solid valid studies that would confirm or debunk these theories. Why? because you cannot find a matched control group!
We do know somethings — that it does impact the microbiome.
Cell phones and electronic appliances and devices are inseparable from most people in modern society and the electromagnetic field (EMF) from the devices is a potential health threat. Although the direct health effect of a cell phone and its radiofrequency (RF) EMF to human is still elusive, the effect to unicellular organisms is rather apparent. Human microbiota, including skin microbiota, has been linked to a very significant role in the health of a host human body…. These findings led us to hypothesize that cell phone level RF-EMF disrupts human skin microbiota.The Response of Human Bacteria to Static Magnetic Field and Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Field 
- “This may indicate that RF-EMF exposure affects memory performance.” Memory Performance, Wireless Communication and Exposure to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields: A Prospective Cohort Study in Adolescents 
- ” Several studies indicate an increase in cortical excitability and/or efficiency with EMF exposure, which appears to be more prominent in fronto-temporal regions and has been associated with faster reaction time. Cortical excitability might also underpin disruption to sleep. ” Acute Effects of Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Field Emitted by Mobile Phone on Brain Function 
- ” the exposure of E. coli DH5α to Wi-Fi radiofrequency radiation for 5 hours influenced several bacterial cellular and metabolic processes… revealed that 101 genes were differentially expressed” Global Gene Expression Analysis of Escherichia Coli K-12 DH5α After Exposure to 2.4 GHz Wireless Fidelity Radiation  i.e. WIFI
- “Several factors can cause bacterial resistance against antibiotics. One of these factors is the electromagnetic waves emitted from mobile simulator with a frequency of 900 MHz” Antibacterial Susceptibility Pattern of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus After Exposure to Electromagnetic Waves Emitted From Mobile Phone Simulator a.k.a. Home mobile phones.
” For instance, the issue of so-called non-thermal effects and potential long-term effects of low-dose exposure were scarcely investigated prior to the introduction of these technologies. Common electromagnetic field or EMF sources: Radio-frequency radiation (RF) (3 MHz to 300 GHz) is emitted from radio and TV broadcast antennas, Wi-Fi access points, routers, and clients (e.g. smartphones, tablets), cordless and mobile phones including their base stations, and Bluetooth devices. Extremely low frequency electric (ELF EF) and magnetic fields (ELF MF) (3 Hz to 3 kHz) are emitted from electrical wiring, lamps, and appliances. Very low frequency electric (VLF EF) and magnetic fields (VLF MF) (3 kHz to 3 MHz) are emitted, due to harmonic voltage and current distortions, from electrical wiring, lamps (e.g. compact fluorescent lamps), and electronic devices. On the one hand, there is strong evidence that long-term exposure to certain EMFs is a risk factor for diseases such as certain cancers, Alzheimer’s disease, and male infertility. On the other hand, the emerging electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) is more and more recognized by health authorities, disability administrators and case workers, politicians, as well as courts of law.”EUROPAEM EMF Guideline 2016 for the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of EMF-related Health Problems and Illnesses 
We try to have most internet connections to be wired. For example, Smart TV and Roku are all using wired. Unfortunately, tablets do not have that as an option — so we tend to turn wifi on and off when needed. We turn off cell-data when we are at home. Using Wifi sniffers, we typically see only our own devices (we have a good distance from neighbors) compare to 50 or more devices seen in town/city.
We know the EMF impacts bacteria/microbiome. The consequences of this impact is unknown. A wise approach may be simple:
- Turn off devices when not in use/really needed
- Use wired connection over wireless
- If possible, move to lower population density (ideally, rural)
- Be aware of location of cell towers when you move. You want to maximize the distance
- Maximize distance from all screens….