I was first introduced to bromelain because it potenated antibiotics. Many antibiotic resistant infection were found to be eliminated if bromelain was added with studies going back to 1950.
Bromelain shows impacts various cytokines such as TNF, IL-1 beta, CD14, COX-2 and IL-6. Bromelain is also an anti-funga, anti-edema, anti-inflammatory, and inhibits coagulation
- Increases serum fibrinolytic activity, reduces fibrinogen synthesis, and directly degrades fibrin and fibrinogen
- Increases antibiotics penetration, especially for tetracyclines
- Impact plateaus at 12-16 hours – which is important for correndating antibiotics with bromelain.
- Increases serum fibrinolytic activity
- Inhibits fibrinogen synthesis
- Fibrinolysis enzyme activator
It is the cheapest and also the one with the longest half-life. It is my recommendation for the first one to try.