Both of the people below used the model to make major progress on CFS. When you read their accounts you may be a little shocked by the difference of what they did. There is no “step-by-step magical protocol”, you have to work with what you can get and note your response to things, keep changing until you find the effective combination.
Both of these readers used earth based organism probiotics (i.e. what your ancestors would have been gotten walking through the fields chewing a stalk of grass or other grain (unwashed) in your mouth): Prescript Assist or Equilibrium. Without knowing it, they were taking probiotics in a natural form. Of course, today most fields are rich is pesticides and such, so chewing grass is not advised.
There are differences in agricultural practices between two very similar genetic and diet groups. “asthma prevalence is 2–3% among the Amish, who practice traditional farming, and 15% or higher among the Hutterites, who embrace modern farming.”
- Innate Immunity and Asthma Risk in Amish and Hutterite Farm Children(2016).
- Amish and Hutterite Environmental Farm Products Have Opposite Effects on Experimental Models of Asthma .
I suspect two factors: one is residue pesticide levels on the fields (yes, Hutterites use pesticides!); the second factor is that I suspect difference of attitudes to chewing on a stalk of wheat by kids (“No harm, I did it too!” vs “It may have pesticides on it, take it out of your mouth!”)
The very Simple Remission
This case deals with someone that the right probiotic for them happen to trigger the cascade for remission.
“Thank you SO much for your blog! I recently asked you a question on your blog – I am the gal w IBS based ME CFS who partially recovered (was down to 25-30% of activity, bed/housebound w severe PEM, recovered to about 65-70%), and entirely by chance, taking VSL#3 (I hadn’t discovered your website yet). I switched over to Prescript Assist, and it hasn’t even been a week yet, and yesterday, for the first time in 6 months I went for a 2 mile walk/jog around my neighborhood. My mono symptoms have disappeared. I have an appt. w Dr. xxx in 2 weeks, which I’m going to keep, but my recovery is something I never could have imagined! I never would have found Prescript Assist if it wasn’t for your blog and I just can’t thank you enough…it was a Godsend! I have my life back – I will be able to attend both my sons’ graduations and take my elder son to college in the Fall, which I never imagined I’d be able to do…”
The Hard Fought Remission
This person fought for remission by herbs, probiotics and antibiotics.
“BTW – I’m working full time now!
- 50% – Rotate daily Doxyciline or Kapsida weekdays + Mutaflor or Equilibrium weekends
- 30% – Once Monthly Rapamycin and/or LDN on Friday nights
20% – Armodafinil + Mt Dew on weekdays + weekend washout to prevent tolerance
- Mtn Dew throwback w/ sugar (works)
- Mtn Dew (works)
- Mtn Dew: Code White (doesn’t work?!?)
- Diet Mtn Dew (doesn’t work!?)
- Erythorbic Acid https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythorbic_acid
Others names for Erythorbic acid are:
- D-araboascorbic acid
- erythorbic acid
- erythroascorbic acid
- isoascorbic acid
- isoascorbic acid, disodium salt
- isoascorbic acid, monosodium salt
- isoascorbic acid, sodium salt
- sodium erythorbate
Same citation provided the following information also:
- Erythorbic acid is readily absorbed and metabolized. Following an oral dose of 500 mg of erythorbic acid to human subjects the blood level curves for ascorbic acid and erythorbic acid showed a similar rise. In five human subjects, an oral dose of 300 mg was shown to have no effect on urinary excretion of ascorbic acid. http://www.inchem.org/documents/jecfa/jecmono/v28je03.htm
- These results indicated that the gastrointestinal permeability differed between the two chemicals.
- In dogs, this resulted in a half-life of approximately 30 minutes for erythorbic acid in the plasma.
- “The thermal inactivation of Salmonella thompson, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Clostridium perfringens, Candida zeylanoides, Enterococcus faecium and E. faecalis was accelerated by the addition of sodium isoascorbate (1 mmol/l) to phosphate-buffer heating medium but not to complex food mixtures.” 
- Erythorbic acid is a potent enhancer of nonheme-iron absorption . “Iron absorption from the test meal without any added enhancer was 4.1%. The addition of erythorbic acid (at molar ratios of 2:1 and 4:1 relative to iron) increased iron absorption 2.6-fold (10.8%; P < 0.0001) and 4.6-fold (18.8%; P < 0.0001), respectively.”
Bottom Line for Erythorbic acid
It appears to be very safe and appears effective against some food bacteria (used as food preservative to preserve food better). It is recognized as an antioxidant. It appears to assist in some fighting of bacteria.
We do not have enough information to recommend or not. We know that it impacts bacteria. We know that it seems to make a significant difference for on CFS sufferer.
The dosage in a bottle of Mountain Dew is likely low, and 500 mg dosages have been tested on humans with no adverse effects. This suggests for more adventuresome readers, that a dosage of 100-500 mg/day be tried (if you do try, please post results — or no results — on this post).