Uploads are welcome for all conditions
- PLEASE Add your symptoms after uploading so your ubiome may be used to detect patterns. see Adding Symptoms to your uBiome.
Downloading your uBiome data
After logging into uBiome, you will see an ‘Advanced’ tab on your menu bar.
- Click it
- A dropdown menu will appear
- Click ‘Download’
- Choices will appear on the left.
Some people report not seeing this. Wait 60 seconds and press F5 (Refresh) — it will usually appear then.
- Click on Download Taxonomy (Json)
- Depending on your browser, you may see the data in a new tab or be prompted for a name
- If the above case, a Control- S should bring up a dialog to save it:
- I usually add .json to the end
Using A Mac
- MAC’s will often save it as a .webarchive which will not work for an upload. So:
- Open a Text Editor
- Copy the entire page and paste it into the text editor.
- Save the file
You are now ready to upload!
Go to http://ubiomecfsweb.azurewebsites.net/Home/Upload
Enter your email and select the file you downloaded above. Then click ‘Upload and Consent’.
- You may enter a second email or label to help you track the sample.
Choices After Uploading
After uploading you will see three choices (more if you have uploaded multiple samples).
- The first one takes you to recommendations
- The second one takes you to a screen to record or update your symptoms
- The third one allows you to change the extra email or label on the sample.
Top Choice – Recommendations
At present, the recommendations are based on OVERGROWTH only. This will be improved in the future
Visual Display in a Tree
On the menus you will see “Your microbiome tree”
This will display your data in a tree with overgrowth in red.
Another choice on the menu is “Your species” – This is in the download from uBiome but they do not display it on their site. You can see them here. An example is below (do not expect to see this many)
The Second Choice is Adding symptoms
I will cover this in another post, Adding Symptoms to your uBiome.
The login above, “JohnDoe@Goodle.com” with sample Id “999999” was created as a composite from uploads available when I did this post. Feel free to try it to get a feel of the site before you do an upload.
This is an education post to facilitate discussing this approach with your medical professionals. It is not medical advice for the treatment of any condition. Always consult with your medical professional before doing any changes of diet, supplements or activity. Some items cites may interfere with prescription medicines.